[Bf-vfx] Mango Samples with ACES via rrt_sRGB

Troy Sobotka troy.sobotka at gmail.com
Wed May 16 08:02:53 CEST 2012

Thought I'd post my results here correctly interpreting the linear
EXRs that Ton posted as clearly the transforms are incorrect as
displayed. The files are ACES linear it would seem, and the default
Blender output fails to take into account both primaries and correct
transfer curve.

First the result, an ACES reverse rendering transform to sRGB in JPG format:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/sample-images/test-out.jpg

Second, the result within Blender. Matches, but ideally we'd bump OCIO
to a higher version to permit tetrahedral interpolation which is only
available in the newer OCIO version.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/sample-images/Screenshot+from+2012-05-15+22%3A50%3A32.png

More information here for those interested:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Sobotka/Color_Management

To generate a JPG, the command is:
./ocioconvert ~/Desktop/Sample\ Images/A011C012_12050900000.exr aces
~/Desktop/test-out.jpg rrt_srgb

With respect,
TJS