[Bf-vfx] IBL Toolkit - looking for feedback, and sharing blender+photo workflow ideas/needs

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Wed May 9 17:46:31 CEST 2012

Hi there,
time for an update [*],

Read-me: http://www.dalaifelinto.com/ftp/impa/ibl_toolkit.txt
Download (import as addon):
http://www.dalaifelinto.com/ftp/impa/ibl_toolkit_beta.zip
[it needs blender as of yesterday]

http://dalaifelinto.com/ftp/impa/arlux_blender.jpg (quick render)
http://dalaifelinto.com/ftp/impa/arlux_blender2.jpg (luxrender ui)
http://dalaifelinto.com/ftp/impa/arlux_blender3.jpg (blender, top right
cycles doing background, top left addon to add the background with glsl
shader)
http://dalaifelinto.com/ftp/impa/arlux_blender4.jpg (same as 3, but showing
edit mode)

I solved the 'lack of update in edit mode' problem. In the 3d view you can
call an operator that draws the background in all but the Rendered mode.
The magic is all performances in the edit.py file. It's not super stable,
but that's the only solution I have so far.

As for an option for the 'happy shader' you can find an old paper of the
original arluxrender implementation here (in pt_BR):
http://www.visgraf.impa.br/arlux/downloads/clei-zang-velho.pdf

But Aldo is still working in the integrator rewrite to handle
the environment map as light and color sources and other goodies, we should
have this in a nice paper only for this CLEI 2012 though. The code should
be in the ARLuxrender by middle June.
[if you find other papers on that topic please share as well, we are still
after alternatives]

Dalai
* the last one here, I will keep next changes  on blender artists to avoid
spamming the list:
http://goo.gl/Lhf1c