[Bf-vfx] ASC-CDL test suite compliance

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Thu May 12 20:02:24 CEST 2011

Hi,

No time to check the zip, but just to communicate:

- A developer has taken up DPX failures a month ago and will soon
present fixed code in a patch. We copied it long ago from Cinepaint,
and it had a lot of loose ends.
- OpenImage is part of Cycles already, and is being evaluated to be
included in Blender too
- The new ASC-CDL spec for 'color balance' has been picked up by our
compositor project.

Blender's color management is really in a very first stage still. Not
sure where big errors are, probably more of a lot of todos.

Thanks, we'll keep you informed!

-Ton-