[Bf-vfx] Footage proxying

Sergey I. Sharybin g.ulairi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 16:45:06 CEST 2011

  Hi, François!

Your explanation is quite clear.

But there are such ideas: use use proxied footage for display and
non-proxied for footage, so solving would use "final" image sequence and
would be accurate.

Problem with non-proxied footage is that it'll be scaled anyway so the
whole frame would be visible in the screen. So maybe it should be more
like a mipmaps -- space clip would use the smallest mipmap for
displaying. Smallest in meaning scale factor would be the minial and
there would be no scaling up (increasing resolution from mipmap). So,
when you're zooming up mipmaps with higher levels (smaller resolution)
would be used, but when you're zooming in mipmaps with lower levels
(higher resolution) would be used.

Not sure if it'll give speedup -- maybe OGL is fast enough to display 4K
pixel buffer in realtime?