[Bf-vfx] Non-square shapes for pattern and search areas

François T. francoistarlier at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 13:26:27 CEST 2011

> and also :
> - this should be automatically animated (one tracker might need different
> position and different size during the track)
>
> Not sure what you mean "animated". You can track some frames, change marker
> size and continue tracking. But there's no way to "animate" this in terms
> size would be changing automatically during playback. I suppose such
> "animation" can be implemented relatively easy using fcurves but is it
> really necessery?

right now if I track 20 frames, then adjust the pattern or search area,
track again. Then want to refine/adjust the 20 first frames, my "settings"
for those frame are lost, I now have the settings of the 21+ frames. You see
? I shouldn't have to animate it myself, it should remember my settings
itself, since tracker settings are not for the footage itself, but for a
portion of frames (at least it happen often, especially w/ supervised
tracking)

>  - is having numerical value in UI very useful ? do we really care about ?
> I would rather resize it on the marker itself than going into the property
> panel and having to enter numerical value. Trackers have nice UI with square
> & arrow on the side can't we grab that to do all the manipulation ? (or
> maybe it is planned but not yet implemented :p )
>
> Numerical inputs are useful for me still. But we have already got several
> more artist-friendly ways of adjusting things:
> - "Default" Blender transformation via S-key (skaling), G-key
> (translating).

that what I'm doing right now, it's good, but yet blender powa user :p

>  - "Sliders" (it's small triangles for resize and square for translate). For
> now they just works in some way and probably there are some ways of
> improving them but i'll need feedback from your side then.

How does this work ? I can't seems to use them

cheers,

F.