[Bf-vfx] Non-square shapes for pattern and search areas

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Thu Jul 21 03:00:54 CEST 2011

I'm afraid I can't give very good concrete examples, but when I was doing
some 2D tracking before in Fusion, I found it quite useful to resize the
markers to be rectangular - eg. to carefully surround my region of interest,
and eliminate any extra moving detail nearby that may be confusing the
tracker.

This was a while ago and I wasn't tracking shots extensively, but I recall
it helped in that case.

cheers

Matt