[Bf-vfx] Tomato camera sensor changes

Sergey I. Sharybin g.ulairi at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 17:41:32 CEST 2011

Hey, guys!

Looks like you misunderstand me.

I'm not against adding vertical FOV. I just don't want to rough such
changes. This thing should be introduced in nice way to fit:

- Default Blender use-case (when it's used for 3d modelling and so). In
this case i doubt user should care about sensor size, vertical FOV and so.
- Match-moving use-case (when we have to gather information about real
camera and make match between modeled scene and footage). In this case
information collected about real camera should correlate to what's
supported with renderer. My project isn't related on improving renderer
and so so currently i'm trying to stick to current design. Footage
resolution + focal length + sensor width + pixel aspect was enough to
make match between real camera and blender camera.
- AFAIK, current exporters are supposed to export scene in way, in which
rendrered "outside" blender image would match image rendenered in
Blender (from composition POV, not materials/lights ofcourse). So if
vertical FOV would be used by exporters, it should be exposed into
RNA/UI in a way, which wouldn't confuse default workflow.

Currently i'm working on a bit different stuff and i'd prefer stop you
from telling "this feature is needed! No way if there'll be no this
feature!". I know that it is needed, just i can't fork and work on
several issues at the same time.

--
With best regards, Sergey I. Sharybin