[Bf-usd] Support for Preliminary_Text

Charles Wardlaw cwardlaw at imageworks.com
Tue Apr 19 17:35:46 CEST 2022

Hi John,

That sounds like a neat addition.  Reading over their description, a few
questions come to mind:

- How large is a "point" in DCC units?  Can this be specified somehow?
- Is the text intended to be converted to polygons for rendering, or is it
intended to be displayed in a resolution-independent way like an SDF font?
- If the text is intended to be converted to polygons, how does the author
specify subdivision or font spline to polygon conversion?
- How do I specify or override properties on a per-character level?
- Are width and height in scene units, as is depth?

~ Charles