[Bf-usd] USD importer patch

Michael A Kowalski makowalski at nvidia.com
Fri Mar 12 19:51:35 CET 2021

Hello everyone,

As an update, I've created the following patch for the USD importer:

https://developer.blender.org/D10700

As mentioned in the Differential description, the patch is from branch usd-importer-T81257-merge, which includes Tangent Animation's USD importer code, developed by Ben Skinner, combined with additional features that I've implemented.

We encourage anyone who's interested to please build the usd-importer-T81257-merge branch and try it out.  We welcome input and feedback.

I'll provide detailed user documentation for the importer in the next few days.

Thanks,

Michael