[Bf-translations-dev] cannot merge translations to the .po file with msgfmt

Yousef Hurfoush bat3a at msn.com
Wed Sep 25 07:33:05 CEST 2013

hi András

i tried msgcat, but the problem is that it merges obsolete msg's and deletes new ones!

Regards
Yousef Harfoush
bat3a at msn.com

Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 09:45:07 +0200
From: pomsarandras at gmail.com
To: bf-translations-dev at blender.org
Subject: Re: [Bf-translations-dev] cannot merge translations to the .po file with msgfmt

Hi yousef, I've had the same problem. This is Bastien Montagne's answer:

"Hi András,

Hmm… actually, it’s msgcat (msgcat -o dest.po file1.po file2.po ...)
that should be used, sorry… Will check and fix the doc (and try to find
some time to allow merge of translations from within Blender's addon,
too).

Cheers,

Bastien"

And msgcat works fine...