[Bf-translations-dev] About blender translation on Transifex

S A lockalsash at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 00:44:20 CEST 2013

+1 for disabling all unmaintained languages and marking it as unofficial.
Same goes for https://translations.launchpad.net/blender : few enthusiasts
translated hundreds and thousands of messages in different languages, but
nobody's going to review these translations and submit .po-files in
translation branches! It is just a waste of time: despite the fact that I
know of existence of these websites, I just can't track all changes in
ru.po at Rozetta / Transifex / Notabenoid / web-forums / etc.

Regarding Transifex, I don't think it is a good idea to use this service
for opensource products after takeover in 2012 (it became closed-source and
more commercialized). There are many good opensource alternatives like
Launchpad and Translatewiki (services) or Pootle /
Mediawiki:Extension:Translate (hosted software). Based on my own
experience, Mediawiki:Extension:Translate works decently with 20,000
messages in .pot-files. It is also customizable (in contrast to online
services), for example, with a simple addon it can parse bpy.* links:
http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=59489 .

--Sv. Lockal