[Bf-translations-dev] Please do not commit any more until we have finished GIT migration.

Cheng-Chia Tseng pswo10680 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 23 05:28:31 CET 2013

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 3:43 AM, Bastien Montagne <montagne29 at wanadoo.fr>wrote:

>  Eeeek! Good thing you remind me!
>
> Ok, so no, for now translators won't use GIT (for several reasons, main
> one being that even devs have troubles adapting ;) ). So on translators
> POV, nothing changes, you just keep committing in your svn branch. I will
> sync between svn trunk and git from times to times.

I have tried to commit today in svn branch, however it replied the messages
below,

Commit blocked by pre-commit hook (exit code 1) with output:
"No more commit here, svn is now an archive only (we have moved to git)"

Any further information on that?

By the way, I think that it is OK for translators to move to git though as
long as there is a detail migration guide for us to follow.

> On a mid-term goal, idea is to switch to a web-based tool (like pootle or
> so), but I’ll have to find time to investigate this first!
>
> Cheers,
> Bastien
>

> On 20/11/2013 19:28, Santiago Lizardo wrote:
>
> Hi Bastien; Have you finished with the migration from SVN to GIT?
>
> The Catalan team is eager to resume its work. :)
>
> I guess http://git.blender.org/gitweb/gitweb.cgi/blender-translations.gitis the new way to go. Any other information we should be aware of?
>
> Thanks,
>
> On 11/11/2013 03:24 PM, Bastien Montagne wrote:
>
> Hi translators,
>
> As you may know, we are about to switch all Blender project from svn to
> git (should be finished hopefully at the end of the week at worst).
>
> This will change a bit translation process as well (we'll probably have
> two git repositories, one (official) to be used by Blender, the other
> (work) to be used by translators to update their language). More to come
> on this topic later, but for now, please do not commit to bf-translation
> svn - it will be freezed soon anyway. ;)
>
> Best regards,
> Bastien.
>

> --
> Santiago Lizardo Oscareshttp://www.santiagolizardo.com

> Remember to *NEVER* commit to our svn's /trunk, but *ALWAYS* to relevant
> language po file under /branches!
>
> Found a missing msgid? Edit this doc: http://goo.gl/XcWcr
>
> Have some disambiguation issue (i.e. same english word that should be
> translated in more than one way, depending on the context)? Edit this doc:
> http://goo.gl/VzppJ

Cheers,
by Cheng-Chia Tseng