[Bf-translations-dev] Crowdin for translation

Lockal S lockalsash at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 19:22:22 CET 2013

Hi Virginio! I won't recommend using crowdin as a platform for
collaborative translating. The main reason is because this platform is
closed-source, while there are many open-source alternatives. Personally I
never heard of Crowdin before and I could not find a single big opensource
project except for FreeCAD. If Crowdin changes their mind about being free
for opensource projects (or limiting some features), Blender would have to
pay the highest price as an "extra large" project (>10k strings).

Speaking of opensource alternatives, I would recommend using
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transifex or MediaWiki+extension:translate.
The first tool is highly customizable and is used in many large opensource
projects. Extension:translate has much less features than Transifex, but
also allows translating of wiki-pages.

-- S. Lockal.