[Bf-translations-dev] new build versioning system is hard to follow

Daniel Tavares danielmtavares at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 00:23:22 CET 2013

I've been using for a few years now and I see how you'd be struggling with
the idea of follow the progression of the code base since there's no
counter to keep track of the revisions.

One thing that helps a lot to get used to this new paradigm is to make an
effort to no longer try to think of file revisions and this version
increments at each commit.

If you're on a Mac, one thing that in my opinion helps a lot for you to
understand the history of a repository is to use Gitx(1). I mainly use it
to visualize the history and inspect the branches. Aside from that, I
mostly interact with git through the terminaj.

[1] - http://rowanj.github.io/gitx/

Daniel