[Bf-translations-dev] Spring clean up in branches

Daniel Tavares danielmtavares at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 17:53:04 CEST 2012

Hey Bastien,

Turns out I was wrong about renaming pt_BR to pt. I spoke with Ivan Tomé, who's working on Blender's Wiki, and he told me that it's been agreed that there will be only one version of portuguese on the site and mentioned that Blender should do the same. The motivation for this is that there's been a spelling reform[1] with the intent to unify the language across Angola, Brasil, Cabo Verde, Guiné-Bissau, Moçambique, Portugal, São Tomé e  Príncipe e Timor Leste. Therefore, we'd like to comply with the reform.

Also, my guess is that the unified ISO code already reflects this reform.

Having said that, could you please rename pt_BR to pt, as you originally suggested? Or, given that I already have write access to the repo, I could do it myself as well.

Thoughts?

[1] http://www.reformaortografica.com/

Cheers,
Daniel