[Bf-taskforce25] Assorted RNA Todos

Joshua Leung aligorith at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 13:59:52 CEST 2009

Hi,

I've been gathering a list of things in RNA that either need doing (or
discussion before being implemented):

1) There doesn't seem to be any way to set the way that operators get called
from Py-Menus. Currently with quite a few tools in the Armature Edit Mode
menu, clicking on the entries will result in an invoke menu despite the user
having already chosen the tool (see Autoside tools). Probably we need
uiLayoutSetOperatorContext() wrapped, but that would require that the
WM_OP_* defines be wrapped too.

2) More for Py-API, but some way to specify the same thing when running
operators from scripts could be useful. See
http://www.pasteall.org/7488/python for an example of a script where
specifying how the operator gets called is important.

Campbell and I discussed this item a bit in IRC yesterday. One of the
potential ways of doing this would have been to require the execution type
to be the first arg, i.e.
bpy.ops.gpencil.convert('INVOKE')
bpy.ops.gpencil.convert('EXEC', type='CURVE')

3) UI's for custom properties added to various structs by users during
runtime.

One of the issues here is that we're probably going to need be able to
determine what custom properties have been added and/or loop over them. Is
there already an easy way to do this?

Joshua