[Bf-taskforce25] Blender spring cleaning

William Reynish william at reynish.com
Wed May 13 13:28:14 CEST 2009

On 13 May, 2009, at 3:01 AM, Campbell Barton wrote:

> Other things I have mentioned before but not in 1 list :)
> - remove IFDEF's for BeOS and AMIGA in the code
> - remove Amiga and HamX image formats
> - remove videoscape format support
> - remove C coded dxf, vrml support
> - drop current radiosity code (talked to ton and he's ok not to port
> it over)
> - remove sumo (solid) from the BGE
> - remove ODE, QHull which bullet physics wont use
> - Personally Id advocate dropping Irix support too since its been 'End
> of life' for quite some years now but others probably want to keep
> maintaining it.

Hi Campbell,

That's a good list of things that can safely be thrown out.
Particularly old dead formats, unused physics engines and ugly
radiosity stuff.

This old cruft nobody is using is not worth having lying around anymore.

On 12 May, 2009, at 11:46 AM, JimmyVolatile wrote:

> Small suggestion:
> Just make the render window remember its placement each time.
> After a render is done, you drag simply the window to where you
> think it's better fit and it will keep re-appearing at that position
> for each render (i.e. Blender stores the position of the window's
> top left corner).
> In case the the render is larger than the available space, the
> window's top left corner is offset from the desired position to make
> sure all of it appears within the edges of the screen.
> If the window/render is larger than the screen resolution, the
> window is offset, as before (appears maximized) and content is
> scaled down to fit within the window borders.

Yes, if it is indeed useful to store window positions, this way is
much better.

Cheers,

-William