[Bf-taskforce25] 2.5: how to help out right now

Brecht Van Lommel brecht at blender.org
Tue Mar 24 11:11:20 CET 2009

Hi Sven,

On Mon, 2009-03-23 at 17:49 -0400, Sven von Brand wrote:
> I started doing some work, but I have some doubts, I added two
> EnumPropertyItem to Clouds for the Soft/Hard and Default/Color
> properties, but I don't know if it's alright or not, if I should make
> those properties in another way or put the EnumProp... outside Clouds.
> It's working fine, I already tested the changes, and they appear as one
> would expect in Outliner/datablock.

I think those enum properties are fine. There's some overlap between
textures, so there's always the possibility to create a common base
class to share some properties, like a ProceduralNoiseTexture to share
the noise basis/size/nabla. I would just duplicate the properties in
this case.

> > The work is adding all the different texture types and their properties.
> > To verify that it works, in the Outliner, Datablocks view, you can
> > browse to Textures (assuming a texture was added to the file in 2.4).
>
> If this changes are ok, I'll move on to the rest of the textures

The changes look fine.

Thanks,
Brecht.