[Bf-taskforce25] Netbeans + Blender Source

Keanen Shaw keanen.shaw at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 23:42:06 CET 2009

Hey, hey, I wasn't trying to step on anyone's toes! I'm just saying that
despite the difficulties with programming in Java or another open source
language, it would be better for the community because people wouldn't have
to buy a license to sell their own builds. Uh oh, did I just cross the line
there? Well, maybe I'm missing the point of open source, but the reason I
like the idea is because I can rip off other people's software and call it
my own. I'd hate to have to answer to Microsoft for selling something
compiled in C or C++ without owning a license to do so. Face it, The only
people who use Blender are those who avoid the good stuff like 3DS Max for
legal/financial reasons, and those are the only people who would contribute
to the current edition of Blender. The only thing I use it for is whipping
out models to use in my games. Actually, it's hard to imagine it being
anything more. It's not that I'm not a fan of Blender, I'm just saying that
too high of a value is put on it, being that it's a free program.