[Bf-taskforce25] Blender 2.5 GUI extremely slow on my computer

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Wed Mar 11 17:12:31 CET 2009

Hi,
brecht at blender.org (2009-03-11 at 1216.50 +0100):
> On Wed, 2009-03-11 at 13:21 +0900, Dietrich Bollmann wrote:
> > But it is also extremely slow on my computer (IBM Thinkpad x60s).  When
> > moving the grid / empty scene with the middle mouse in the 3D-View, the
> > delay is incredibly long and disturbing.  It reminds me the delay when
> > viewing a very complex scene filled with lots of objects with the
> > standard / old Blender.

Here it happens too.

> It's not normal, though there have been changes that might cause issues.
> Could you try:
> * Test with a fullscreen area if it is only the 3D-view or any other
> view that is slow.

All the interface is slow.

> * Under Outliner > User Preferences > System & OpenGL > Window Draw
> Method, enable Overlap and Full and test if they are slow as well.

Triple buffer is unusable, full is a bit laggy, and overlap behaves
like in previous versions.

> Alo, please mention your graphics card, how much memory it has, and your
> screen resolution.

9600XT, 256MB, 1600*1200.

GSR

PS: I tried adding RNA_def_property_enum_default(prop,
USER_DRAW_OVERLAP); to change the default, and confirmed the 1 appears
in the generated C files, but it always starts with triple buffer
anyway.