[Bf-taskforce25] Odd Sculpting Behavior

Brian Staub brian.staub at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 23 09:12:33 CEST 2009

Hi, Nicholas Bishop

first, thank you very much for your diligent work on the great Sculpting and Multires tools.

I'd like to point to a couple of odd behaviors occurring in Sculpt Mode in the 2.5 builds.

when clicking and dragging with a Sculpting tool (Draw, Smooth, etc.), the stroke affect the entire mesh.
With the draw brush it make the mesh jump out of view, or move large distances depending on the strength.
With the Smooth brush it smooths the entire mesh, and respective results occur for the other brushes.
I'm not sure if this behavior is intended, however if it is, i don't think it should be... it's rather distracting.

Lastly, the Smooth Brush gives rather odd results at high Strength levels (usually past 6 - 8) and behaves more like a combination of a Smudge and Draw brush.

thanks for any consideration

brian