[Bf-taskforce25] Keyboard Shortcuts Proposal

JimmyVolatile spam at useful.no
Mon Jun 22 13:05:21 CEST 2009

+1: *Shift+Space *is way faster for toggling fullscreen.
As far as it is possible, I suggest that the most frequently used shortcuts
remain at the left half of the key-board to remain within reach of one hand.
In theory, this provides 20 letter and number keys + 5 additional keys.
(Tab, Caps Lock, Space, > and |) times 3 modifier keys = 75 actions/commands
available. If double modifiers (Ctrl+Alt, Ctrl+Shift, Alt+Shift) are counted
too, the number of available keyboard shortcuts increase to 150. However,
some of the shortcuts will hardly be reachable when using double modifiers
so a realistic number could be something like 140 available shortcuts.
(Exactly what those most frequently used shortcuts are, may of course be
another matter of debate.)
With regs,
Jimmy Volatile

Mvh