[Bf-taskforce25] Keyboard Shortcuts Proposal

William Reynish william at reynish.com
Mon Jun 22 11:48:13 CEST 2009

Hi all,

After recent discussions about changing a few keyboard keys around, we
agreed to wait and make a more thorough proposal, analyzing the
keyboard layout as a whole instead of changing this individually.

Here's such a proposal:

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/BlenderDev/Blender2.5/UIKeyboardLayouts

I realize this is a sensitive topic, and there are of course multiple
ways you could improve the layout, but it's become clear to me that
some cleanup is needed.

I've assumed here that we'll get a radial menu system similar to what
Matt Ebb proposed a few years ago, because this has an impact on how
we think about keys with multiple options.

Of course I'd be happy to hear comments or suggestions.

Cheers

-William