[Bf-taskforce25] Tool state and undo

Nicholas Bishop nicholasbishop at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 19:23:33 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I'm looking for suggestions on fixing a workflow issue with sculpt:

Tool settings are stored in DNA, so that they can be restored on file
load. This has bad side-effects for undo, however. Consider this
sequence of events:

1. Sculpt a bit on the mesh
2. Changes the brush size
3. Sculpt another stroke
4. Undo

That last undo removes the stroke from step 3, but it also reverts the
change to the brush size in step 2. This could be sort-of fixed by
doing an undo push for step 2, but this doesn't give exactly the right
workflow either. I think ideally all these sculpt/brush settings
should stay the same through the sculpting session regardless of
undo/redo, and still of course be saved with the file. Is there a good
way to do this?

-Nicholas