[Bf-taskforce25] Texture workflow update

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Wed Jun 17 20:03:07 CEST 2009

Hi,
william at reynish.com (2009-06-16 at 2032.39 +0200):
> http://www.reynish.com/files/blender25/textureinfluence.png
> This also solves the issue of the old tripple-state checkboxes for
> inverting values. These sliders can simply have negative values for
> inverting the effect.

The price to pay is that to see individual effects for tuning, you
have to note down all the values you do not want to see, input zero
and when done, set them back to the old values you manually stored.
Using many texture channels could workaround that issue (if the
texture limit stops being so low), but cause having to sync many other
settings. Matt idea solves it.

> Lastly I've been thinking about ways to make the texture tab more
> clear in what it relates to. Textures can affect both world, lamp and
> materials, and you can get to each texture area by cycling through the
> texture display buttons to go from world to lamp to materials.
[...]
> http://www.reynish.com/files/blender25/texturetabs.png

What about textures for brushes? Or displace modifier? Or being part
of a node tree? Or <fill blank>? Current situation is bad, having to
add materials and disabling them because if totally unlinked from the
material, editability is lost. So solving those cases for once would
be nice.

GSR