[Bf-taskforce25] colour picker feedback

Nathan Vegdahl cessen at cessen.com
Tue Jun 16 02:40:18 CEST 2009

> The quick version works only while the left mouse continues
> to be held down? If that is so, I wonder if it's reasonable to
> expect the user to use the scroll wheel at the same time
> to change the hue.

    Yeah, that seems awfully abnormal and awkward to me.  If there's
going to be a quick-picker at all, just keep it super-simple.  Just
drag and release.

    However, that scroll-wheel functionality could be really useful
for the full interface.  But I propose the following:

    - LMB: placing the dot as normal
    - MMB/scroll: change only hue
    - RMB: change only saturation

    This provides quick and visual access to HSV in the color picker
directly (as opposed to on sliders), and also exposes that
functionality to tablet users (who do not have scroll wheels).

--Nathan V