[Bf-taskforce25] Materials and Textures management.

Eclectiel L eclect25 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 12 21:01:35 CEST 2009

>From Brecht:
> Though some things do definitely require an extra level in the
> hierarchy, in particular materials, textures, bones and particle
> systems.
> It would be interesting to see mockups for these cases too
> (supporting unlimited number of materials/textures, even though they are
> limited now, this is likely to change).

Made an attempt for Materials and Textures management. Here
are some mockups:

Page 1:
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/1619/materialsareav2page1.png

Page 2:
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/546/materialsareav2page2.png

I see materials and textures as something separated from
objects, they are there either they are assigned to an object or not, that's
one of the reasons why I chose a separate area, while keeping in the
Properties editor the relationship between materials and the materials IDs of
the selected object. And also the Properties editor started to need room for
what I wanted to achieve.

Even though the mockups are themed similar to the actual 2.5 look,
this proposal is mostly intended to show functionality, not much
the final aspect.

Cheers,

Eclectiel.