[Bf-taskforce25] Modifier Layout Proposal

Mirai Warren the.future.comes.mw at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 00:42:40 CEST 2009

Nathan Vegdahl:
>  If that doesn't fit with how they work, then IMO they don't belong
>in the modifier stack at all.

Is there a definitive description of what a modifier actually is?
With the talk over whether physics (or armatures for that matter)
belong in the modifier stack, I have started to wonder if the
abstract term "modifier" might be part of the issue in this debate.
Looking over the modifiers available in the modifier tab, most of them
deal with mesh data modification.  Particle systems and physics
simulation, on the other hand, are only used in the context of
animation.  Maybe they should be outside of the modifier stack with
a selector for the stack level on which to apply in the region where
the rest of the related options are?

>I'd still like to see constraints in their own tab, though.
Constraints already have a separate tab don't they?