[Bf-taskforce25] Modifier Layout Proposal

Alberto Torres kungfoobar at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 14:10:20 CEST 2009

2009/6/6 Eclectiel L <eclect25 at yahoo.com>:

> - Show a drag and drop workflow. This kind of workflow may have
> some advantages, like for instance adding several modifiers at
> once, and allowing a cleaner interface since actions are done
> with gestures (drag-drop) instead of using buttons/widgets. The
> "Modifiers Row" is an alternative that makes these gestures
> possible.

If the only use of those buttons are adding modifiers, I think it
would be faster and easier to just click in order to add a modifier.
If want to add a mirror modifier, an armature one, a subsurf and two
shrinkwraps:  click, click, click, click. Done. With your mockup it
would be: shift+click,click,click,drag; click+drag (again).

In fact it would be something easily done in the 2.4x interface, just
adding some buttons next to the "add modifier" button.