[Bf-taskforce25] Official announcement on Siggraph?

Domino Marama domino at dominodesigns.info
Fri Jul 31 12:17:35 CEST 2009

On Thu, 2009-07-30 at 13:33 +0200, Ton Roosendaal wrote:
> You know, the press loves good statements, and at the Siggraph exhibit
> we'll have a lot of good attention. We will print nice 'spec sheets'
> for Blender 2.5, and spread an official press release too.
>
> Just mentioning how great 2.5 is won't make good headlines... so we
> better just announce a real release date! :)

Just a thought on a theme.

"No more excuses"

Followed by all the traditional excuses for not adopting Blender and
screenshots / information on how 2.50 addresses those.

Blender's animation is weak compared to other apps..

New NLA featues do xyz..

Blender's UI is unintuitive and ugly..

Redesigned UI
Keymap editor

Blender is hard to learn..

Tutorial recording system - no need for separate videos

etc etc..

finish with something like

Blender 2.50 will enter beta testing stage in October 2009. If you still
can find an excuse not to use it, let the Blender Foundation know so we
can make sure the final release is ready for everyone.

-----

Gives headlines, discussion points and a release date, that isn't a
release date ;)