[Bf-taskforce25] Chronicling 2.5 Development

greg at simplyanimate.com greg at simplyanimate.com
Sun Jul 26 18:51:43 CEST 2009

Gentlefolk:

I will be attempting to keep a daily, publicised log of substantial
feature developments as they occur in version 2.5.  On a semi-weekly
schedule, I'll be posting "how to use" videos covering these new
features.

As you know, there is great interest in keeping abreast of new
developments, not only among the existing Blender community, but also
among those now being tempted to make the switch to Blender, because of
the vast number of improvements in version 2.5.  I feel it will be
beneficial to begin the education of new users, in advance of the
official release, getting this new audience used to the emerging
conventions and techniques - even if these things become modified along
the way.  At the same time, existing Blender users will be able to stay
current, as well.

Since little time and few resources exist to properly document all of
these changes and improvements by the core 2.5 development team, I hope
you will not mind occasional questions from me regarding proper use of
some of the new features that may not be obvious to "the rest of us".

Of particular interest to me and the rest of the community is the
inclusion of the BMesh set of functions.  It is becoming apparent that
this endeavor is key to the success of Blender 2.5 as a whole, so I'll
begin my chronicle by featuring BMesh as it becomes more mature - and
then gradually introducing other core features of version 2.5, as they
become usable, (UV's, texturing, animation and rendering).  I'll post a
link to my site shortly.

Thank you,

Greg Smith