[Bf-taskforce25] Output Targets

Brecht Van Lommel brecht at blender.org
Thu Jul 23 23:58:48 CEST 2009

Hi,

I've committed a first version of this. The scene and world buttons look
quite empty now for the game engine, but there's still various
properties that have to be put there, like the ones in the game menu
now.

On Thu, 2009-07-23 at 17:03 -0300, Dalai Felinto wrote:
> So how about a profile option? Blender could come with a few pre
> configurated profiles (Full, BGE, Yafaray, ...) and could have an
> option to let the user define it's own profile. (also an option to an
> external render engine to define it profile on-the-fly).
>
> My idea:
> When you go to [Profile Edit Mode] all the panels that are disabled
> appears as disabled/dissaturated/grayish (as we have already for
> disable buttons). You then have the option to go through the whole
> Blender and disable/enable editors, panels, buttons. Once you are done
> you click stop editing and all the disabled options disappear.

This may be useful, but it's far more complicated than what I'm thinking
of, I'll keep it simple for now.

> > Also then the scene and physics panels could show game engine related
> > properties instead of having them in the logic editor or a separate tab.
> I'm not sure I like this panel-dancing thing :) I think a simple
> enable/disable option would make easier to remember where the settings
> are in different profiles.

I prefer hiding it completely. The game engine simply has a different
physics system, so it's really showing one physics system instead of the
other, or showing one material system instead of the other. Mixing those
could be more confusing.

Brecht.