[Bf-taskforce25] defaults & tweaks list

Nathan Vegdahl cessen at cessen.com
Sun Jul 12 23:05:05 CEST 2009

   After talking with Bassam a bit, I've re-thought some things.

   Getting back to the basics, what actually bugs me is basically the
"toggle this feature on/off" button.  I have the same issue with
grease pencil.  Both features are like weird sub-modes of Blender,
that subtly change how the UI works (in particular changing what
left-click means).  In a way, it's almost like they're separate little
software packages inside of Blender that you start up and shut down.

   I'm up for any solution that better unifies them with Blender's UI.

> It's a matter of workflow preferences. I know
> Bassam seems to prefer to draw all the
> similar limbs and then apply the templates
> on all of them at once.

   This is actually something I was going to discuss separately at
some point... but in any case:
   Etchaton right now actually serves two distinct and separate
functions: rig retargeting, and bone sketching.  I'm wondering if
there's a good way to separate these functionalities into distinct
tools.

--Nathan V