[Bf-taskforce25] defaults & tweaks list

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 12 15:57:36 CEST 2009

--- On Sun, 7/12/09, Nathan Vegdahl <cessen at cessen.com> wrote:

> In both 2.4x and 2.5 etchaton seems very mode-like to
> me.  I wonder if
> it can be made more into "just another bone-edit-mode
> tool", somehow?

That's the plan, eventually. Some of the tools (mainly the stroke drawing) might be reused for drawing curves too (NURBS and Bezier I mean).

> One possibility:
>    Hit a key, start drawing.  When
> you're done, it automatically
> converts into bones.
>    Then thanks to 2.5's ability to adjust
> the last operator, you can
> tweak the results through those settings in real time.

Quick "mode" already does that, the problem with the second point is that the data structures aren't part of the undo system, so operator tweak doesn't do anything (that will have to be fixed too).

That's not the only mode of operation though, persistent strokes with overdrawing and adjustment gestures is useful too.

>    I'm really not fond of the current "Use
> Bone Sketching" toggle.  It
> should just always be available as a tool.  The user
> shouldn't have to
> "enable" it, IMO.

Agreed. A visibility toggle (for normal mode) might be useful too though.

Martin