[Bf-taskforce25] Reporting api with python tracebacks

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 05:31:49 CET 2009

For python defined operators, Python errors are currently written into
the reporting api.

Pythons C api for getting tracebacks isnt great, at the moment It only
gets the first error, however it should really get the whole error for
the report to be useful. (I intend to add this soon)

The entire traceback could be pages of text, though in common cases
its ~10-20 lines.

Is storing full python tracebacks in the reporting api a good way to
do this? - should there be some optional string that can contain the
full error?

Or maybe we could define any UI that displays a list of errors will
only display the first line to identify each item.

--
- Campbell