[Bf-taskforce25] Ghost issue: getting good paint strokes

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Fri Jan 9 14:23:21 CET 2009

Hi,

While coding vertex paint, I wanted add a mouse-move "stroke" event in
WM, registering all mouse positions since the previous call to the
handlers.

This did not work, Blender only gets one mouse-move event per event
cycle. It appears that Ghost has been configured to merge all of them,
at least for OSX it is.

I found out for OSX it can be set this way:

	SetMouseCoalescingEnabled(false, NULL);

For some reason it only works in the
GHOST_SystemCarbon::processEvents() call. Well, when I put it there I
get at least more mouse events per 'processEvents' call!

This is relevant for all paint modes and especially tablet users... so,
any guru here in the list who likes to dig into ghost to see where the
solutions are?

-Ton-