[Bf-taskforce25] ID pointers + RNA

Joshua Leung aligorith at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 12:40:25 CET 2009

Hi Brecht,

Perhaps I might be overlooking something simple here, but is there any
"simpler" way of getting an RNA-pointer given an ID-block? Currently, the
API method - RNA_id_pointer_create() - expects (for its first argument) the
appropriate StructRNA type. This means that I'd need to duplicate the code
in the rna_id.c file to get this to work, if the ID-pointer could be of any
type.

It'd be nice if this figuring-out-struct-rna stuff for this pointer type
could be a bit more automated/hidden within RNA :)

Joshua