[Bf-taskforce25] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [19064] branches/blender2.5/blender: 2.5 / Scons | Building on 64bit Windows

Nathan Letwory jesterking at letwory.net
Fri Feb 20 23:21:24 CET 2009

2009/2/21 Nathan Letwory <jesterking at letwory.net>:
> Revision: 19064
> 2.5 / Scons | Building on 64bit Windows
> * add preliminary support for building Blender on 64bit Windows with _msvc_. The SConstruct should automatically detect if you are on a 64bit Windows and if you have that 64bit build is assumed. If you're not, 32bit build is assumed.

One drawback I have to fix is that it'll always go for 64bit now on
64bit Windows with MSVC - even if you started the 32bit toolchain
command prompt. This is on my todo list.

Also setting up 64bit crosscompile command prompt on 32bit Windows
isn't recognised yet. Also on my todo list.

For now, both can be handled by copying the appropriate default config
as ie. user-config and use that to override all variables necessary.
Only minor issue with this method is that you need to remember to copy
a fresh one from config/ if I make any changes to the setup.

Anyway, test test test, report report report.

Thank you very much :)

/Nathan