[Bf-taskforce25] Dead Keys mapping

Nathan Letwory jesterking at letwory.net
Thu Feb 19 11:57:13 CET 2009

I tested deadkeys on Windows with my keylayout (dvorak-derivative for
Finnish language), and some of the keys are being properly
interpreted. (like î and é and the likes). The problem you'll probably
run against is that using deadkeys (altgr combos) might also trigger
hotkey functions. For instance, to write a ¨ (trema), I press altgr +
t, but that triggers the draw timing bit, so writing ë becomes
impossible anyway. Depending on your keylayout other deadkey combos
may be impossible with the 2.4x codebase.

Anyway, if a proper deadkey handling code could be developed for text
inputs in Blender 2.5. that'd be great.

/Nathan