[Bf-taskforce25] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [18770] branches/blender2.5/blender/source /blender: 2.5

Kernon Dillon kernond at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 18:25:55 CET 2009

I think the important thing to note is that this type of keymapping is meant
for "power users" and it won't be the default configuration. IOW, it won't
exist until a user sets it up, so no harm done to general users. I think
it's great to have that kind of flexibility built-in from the beginning. It
totally puts to rest the issue of custom keymapping in Blender because,
after taking it to that degree of flexibility, what the hell else is left?

On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 11:56 AM, GSR <gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> ton at blender.org (2009-02-01 at 1206.02 +0100):
> > Only if you explicitely add in a keymap that order is relevant (SHIFT2,
> > ALT2 etc), it will be evaluated *only* in that specific keymap entry.
> > It's not a feature for default maps, it's an option for limited cases
> > for power users who need more flexiblity.
>
> Sound useful, and similar thing is already in use by some apps like
> Gimp, where Control-drag means one thing and drag-Control other. When
> you know about it, it saves a lot of time, otherwise you can use the
> dialogs etc and do the thing anyway, just a lot slower. They also use
> pointer feedback to report what is going on, btw.
>
> GSR

Kernon Dillon