[Bf-taskforce25] Icon Requests

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 19 19:35:37 CEST 2009

--- On Wed, 8/19/09, Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Bf-taskforce25] Icon Requests
> To: "The Blender 2.5 TaskForce" <bf-taskforce25 at blender.org>
> On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 8:22 AM,
> Brecht Van Lommel<brecht at blender.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Andrzej, or other icon designers,
> >
> > If you have the time, here are some icons that would
> be nice to have in
> > 2.5, and for which I can't currently find anything
> suitable in the icon
> > file.
> >
> > * Copy and Copy to Linked (vertex groups).
> > * Pressure sensitivity for brushes.
> > * Island select mode in UV editor.
> > * For datablock browse widgets, separate Delete and
> Unlink icons. Right
> > now it uses an X for both, but deleting the datablock
> or just unlinking
> > it from some location are different.
> >
> > And some less important ones:
> >
> > * UV and vertex color layers.
> > * Help menu icons to indicate the entries are links to
> a website.
> > * Icon for PR button in the timeline header (if
> possible to think of
> > something to represent it).
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Brecht.
>
> For thread's in 2.4x it used the Car icon for "Auto"
> threads (harhar)
> At the time I would have liked to have an icon of a CPU, if
> an icon is
> still appropriate to be used here, it would be good to have
> something
> like this. http://www.iconfinder.net/icondetails/1301/128/

The "car" icon is bad, but I think a cpu icon would be even worse. That toggle doesn't turn your cpu on or off, it lets the system automatically figure out something. That's why the car icon was sort of good, it was consistent for all automatic actions (auto naming materials and textures, automatic thread setting, ...)

Martin