[Bf-taskforce25] 2.5 File selector patch - OS X Volumes

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Tue Apr 28 14:16:30 CEST 2009

Just a little one tonight, I added a list of OS X's 'Volumes' in the
System area of the file selector in 2.5.

It's working great here, but thought I'd post a patch first for
feedback in case Andrea or any OS X gurus find anything wrong with it.
It's pretty much by the book, from the Apple docs.

Seeing this working, one thing that would be a nice addition would be
if that 'fsmenu' could be generated at the time of opening the file
selector instead of only when Blender starts. Unlike the fixed drive
letters on Windows, the volumes on OS X can be mounted and unmounted
at will, so if you plug in an external disk while Blender is already
running, it won't recognise it for the purposes of these shortcuts.

The patch also includes a small change so that a path of '/' doesn't
get trimmed. I'd rather get the name of the actual disk (i.e.
Macintosh HD) but for that the fsmenu would need separate file paths
and display names, which it doesn't support at the moment.

cheers,

Matt