[Bf-taskforce25] Widget Colouring Suggestion

William Reynish william at reynish.com
Tue Apr 7 20:26:34 CEST 2009

Hi all,

Talked to Ton and a few others on IRC the other day, and we discussed
ways to avoid color-coding, along these lines:

http://www.reynish.com/files/blender25/widgetstates_2.png

These icons are immediately clear to the user, and would get rid of
the disco-flashing of colored buttons that 2.5 currently has when
animating button values.

The implication of using icons in this manner to communicate the state
of buttons, however, is that is really only makes sense in strict
lists of one or two collumns - otherwise the dependancy between the
icon, widget and label start to become unclear.

But maybe it's not so bad, we can just say layouts just are this
simple, and that's perhaps a good thing too.

Cheers,

-William