[Bf-taskforce25] Modal Operators + Moving out of view

Joshua Leung aligorith at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 12:28:03 CET 2008

Hi,

While working on view panning operator for View2D API, I noticed that if the
mouse leaves the current region/area, the events stop being sent to the
modal handler, but when the mouse returns, the operator is still running
(even if the mousebutton that needed to be held down is no longer
held-down). This can be seen with the change-frame thing in the timeline
view too.

I'm wondering if this is something that was something that wasn't accounted
for in the original design, or whether this is something that operators
which need this will have to deal with themselves. This affects practically
all modal operators which involve mouse movement + holding
mousebutton/button(s) down. Perhaps I'm overlooking some aspect of this
system again?

Regards,
Joshua