[Bf-taskforce25] Small diversion for Blender 2.5

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Fri Dec 12 20:04:09 CET 2008

Hi,

Since we have a centralized queue with event handling, you can grab all
events and playback again. However! A lot of Blender code still depends
on window-size coordinates (so you cannot change screen sizes) and uses
opengl for operations like selecting (not guaranteed to result in
same).

This is BTW also the reason why a real "construction history" is not on
our target list.

Oh, and dont forget about timing issues, events are being accumulated
in a queue while things happen (operators, redrws), so its well
possible you get some events wrongly interpreted.

Of course, one can try to do a tutorial playback mode on a same system
with same window size... would be good validation of current code. :)

-Ton-

Blender Institute BV  Entrepotdok 57A  1018AD Amsterdam The Netherlands