[Bf-taskforce25] Area Manager

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Dec 7 15:08:40 CET 2008

Hi,

One of the last missing pieces; a doc describing how the proposed new
area management will function.

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/BlenderDev/Blender2.5/AreaManager

I've tried to solve a couple of unknown quantities; which is currently
a bit messy in the code, but I can cleanup today/tomorrow based on this
proposal.

Most notable;

- keymap definitions vs storage of current keymaps
- area-regions will become "derived" based on spacedata
- spacedata will become container for region definitions (although
regions just will point to this).

Discussions/review go probably easiest via irc. :)

-Ton-