[Bf-scripts-dev] Happy New year and I/O Group

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 21:54:31 CET 2006

See my file formats page

http://mediawiki.blender.org/index.php/File_format_list

Collada, OBJ, 3ds, LWO, direct x, wings 3d

FBX would be nice but has no Spec - RCAS is looking at writing
bindings for the library to use it with an external script.

Next would be web formats

Shockwave, VRML, X3D, U3D, Flash

We currently have a path to shockwave via the XSI exporter

Then CAD formats

DXF, DWG, IGES, STEP, opennurbs

these are available as libraries frequently although the highest
quality libraries are not under GPL compatible licenses.

An interesting question is whether 1) Such libraries can be bundled
due to the 'mere aggregation clause' since we have a well defined
boundary between internal and external code via the python API, and 2)
even if we can technically do so whether we should do so.

LetterRip