[Bf-scripts-dev] Blender 2.40 RC1 Script

Stephen Swaney sswaney at centurytel.net
Tue Nov 29 17:10:49 CET 2005

On Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 03:20:17PM +0100, Matt Ebb wrote:
> I think that's being a bit strict on the interpretation of
> dependencies - although I haven't tried it (so correct me if I'm
> wrong) as far as I can tell, it doesn't require the application
> Papagayo to actually work, it's a script to import its lipsynch files
> into Blender shape keys. I don't really see how this is different to
> having a Lightwave or Wings 3D importer.

A dependency is NOT the same as being a data file importer.
A dependency is something required to run the script.
Importers are ok.  Dependencies are not.

I did not review the script in question and it is hard to
tell by looking at it.  The script doc string is not overly useful:

Usage: Import Papagayo Voice Export and link it with your Shapes
Notes:
"""

and the comments are in french.

The original poster asked for a definition of dependencies.
The ultimate question is:  are there dependencies for this script or not?

--
Stephen Swaney
sswaney at centurytel.net