[Bf-scripts-dev] Scripts Directory is too crowded

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Sun Feb 27 18:18:59 CET 2005

Hi Anthony

About Bpymenus / .Bpymenus: it used  to start with a dot, but since the
dir itself starts with a dot, UnNamed, from what I recall, pointed that
Bpymenus and other dirs and files inside the scripts/ dir should better
not start with dots.

Anthony D'Agostino wrote:

> If we add a modules directory, we should get rid of the "mod_" prefix.
> When coding, mod_vector.vsplit() doesn't read as good as
> vector.vsplit(). Plus, it isn't consistent with python, in general.

Sure, no need for mod_ prefixes then, a welcome change.

>> Also, we need a gui script to automate adding scripts to Blender: it
>> will save the script in the right folder, modules in modules/ and data
>
> That would save some time, but might not be worth the effort.

It should be much better for usability, make the process more
professional.  Users can simply download a zipped file and install it
from Blender itself.  The script might also deal / inform about
versions, etc.

--
Willian