[Bf-scripts-dev] Scripts bundle

Willian Padovani Germano wgermano at ig.com.br
Wed Feb 9 07:06:41 CET 2005

Hi,

Michael Edwards wrote:

>I wrote a script that I'd like to add called Kelvin2RGB.  It converts
>Kelvin values to RGB colors on Lamps to help make realistic lighting.
>It places itself in the Materials folder of the Scripts menu.  You can
>find it here:
>http://workingweek.org/script/kelvin-0.1.zip

Thanks, that's a fun and useful script, imho a good addition to
Blender.  Nice work : ).

>What the procedure for vetting it within this list?  It works well and
>it's reasonably documented,

The idea is to have enough interested people here coordinating that, but
we need people to jump in and participate.

We should use the elysiun python & plugins forum, too.  But maybe it's
better to wait a little more till we update the menus available for
scripts in Blender (add menus, define a naming convention) and get the
hang of how we'll proceed before we (possibly) get flooded with too many
offers.

For now, we can simply email the bf list or point to your script at the
freenode irc meeting next Sunday, it looks like a perfect candidate to
start.

>but I'd like to know what the community thinks of it so far.  I'm happy to make whatever changes are necessary.

(hint) The forum is a great place to get opinions about your script that
can also help getting it added to Blender.

About your script, I found just one minor problem: two deprecation
warnings (that print garbage on the console) at lines 114 and 115, that
should be easy to fix (note conversions to int() below):

    T_PresetRef = Menu(PresetRefMenu, EVENT_PRCHANGE, 10,270,150,18,
int(T_PresetRef.val), "Select a Reference Preset")
    T_PresetCol = Menu(PresetColMenu, EVENT_PCCHANGE, 160,270,150,18,
int(T_PresetCol.val), "Select a Color Preset")

The doc string is good, maybe you could add some hints there, too, like
how far to put the lamp or some other thing you consider relevant.

I'd also like to suggest that you check the area's size and if it's e.g.
at least 1.5 times wider than taller, put the bottom half of the gui to
the right of the upper half, so people can also use it in an horizontal
buttons win space, for example.  Just being a little picky -- I really
enjoyed your script, Michael.

--
Willian